Re: [Xen-users] Benchmarking GPL PV Drivers for Windows between 0.9.11-pre13 and 0.10.0.69

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:58:46PM -0400, jim burns wrote:
> On Mon July 6 2009 11:00:28 am you wrote:
> > > System: fc8 64bit, xen 3.1.2, xen.gz 3.1.4, dom0 2.6.21
> >
> > Have you tried with a newer Xen and dom0 kernel?
> >
> > -- Pasi
>
> No. I'm a Fedora loyalist, since they are in the forefront of the pvops, and
> thus the future, direction of Xen. Unfortunately, they still don't have dom0
> support yet, so I'm stuck with F8. (Interesting thread last month on that -
> 'Xen is a feature'/'Merge Xen (the hypervisor) into Linux'. Thanx to whoever
> gated that into xen users.) It will be interesting to see if xen 3.4 and a
> pvops dom0 have any effect, tho'.
>
> This is also why I haven't really had a lot to say since last summer -
> nothing
> much has changed for me!

Ok. Fedora 11 now has Xen 3.3.1 hypervisor and tools, and it will receive
3.4.1 shortly after it has been released upstream (rawhide already has 3.4.0).

There are also pv_ops dom0 kernel RPMs for testing:
http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/

Also you might be interested of the wiki page I made yesterday:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels

I've been successfully using Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 with pv_ops dom0 myself..
there are still some bugs and issues, some bigger changes still need to be
done to get accepted upstream, but it's already in a state where you can
definitely beta test it :)

> Nice to see you are still around!

You too :)

-- Pasi