Re: [Xen-users] Re: NVIDIA, 2.6.30.1 patches, PV_OPS and Xen 3.4.1

When I start X with an nvidia driver, the screen goes black and the
keyboard does not respond. I can remote ssh into the machine, but if I
try to list the processes running on the machine 'ps -ef' the ps
command stops at the process before where the Xorg process should be.
ctrl-c will not terminate the 'ps -ef' command. If i try to remote
reboot the machine it does not respond to 'init 6', it just acts as if
you never told it 'init 6'. A hard reset is required to get the
machine useful again.

Boris seems to think this is because I have a slightly older geforce
7900gt, what do you think? My mother has a geforce 8600 in her pc, I
might see if I can borrow it before I tell my wife I need to buy a new
video card.

I'm also thinking of installing hardy, as it has more versions of xen
precompiled for it, maybe one of those will work.

-- Michael