Re: [Xen-users] conflict between XEN-udev and Hotplug

Hi _sc_,
But why when I create my virtual machine i get this message :
Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
working.
:confused:
XEN requires Hotplug?? or not?
I do not understand what is the problem and how to solve it..

As far as I know, XEN does NOT require the old hotplug-system. It's running fine with udev. Maybe your udevd is not running or some udev-rules are missing. Try to google a bit, I think some similar problems have already been discussed on this list.

Maybe it would help if you could provide the output of udevmonitor/udevadm during DomU-start.

Bye,
Fabian