Re: [Xen-users] Fully virtualized domU Linux network (VLAN) trouble

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Jan Bakuwel<jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm also running a couple of fully virtualized VMs, one being
> a Linux box (with a specific kernel);

Which kernel version?
Why do you use HVM guest? You'd generally get much better performance
with PV guests.
Also, if you absolutely have to use HVM guest, you'd get better
performance if you use PV drivers (which AFAIK, only works on 2.6.18
kernel).

> vif        = ['mac=03:16:3e:00:02:39, type=ioemu, bridge=eth0',
>           'mac=03:16:3E:01:00:00, type=ioemu, bridge=eth1']

If you use PV drivers, you should remove "type=ioemu".

> How should I further debug/analyse this problem?

I'd start with trying to get HVM domU's traffic work correctly,
preferably with PV drivers. Depending on your kernel version, it might
involve changing domU kernel. Once that work, start with the vlans.
One of the things to check is
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-filter-vlan-tagged

--
Fajar