Re: [Xen-users] Memory consumption of xend on x86_64

Hi,

If I try to run 32bit hosts on a 64bit dom-0, will they run under HVM?

Also, How can I check whether the guests are running under PV or HVM? I use
virt-manager  it creates the virtual machines without the need to use xm.

Thanks-
Harsha

xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/30/2009 05:10:16 PM:

> Sreeharsha Totakura <sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx>
> Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 07/30/2009 05:10 PM

> xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> [Xen-users] Memory consumption of xend on x86_64
>

> Hi,
>
> On one of our servers which has 6GB RAM (dom0 RAM: 3GB), the xend service
> is taking about 46% of the memory. Is this normal? We use xen on other
> servers (8GB, 6GB RAM) too and in them xend is taking about 3% of the
> memory.
>
> This particular server if of x86_64 architecture where as the rest are of
> i386. Is that the reason for xend taking so much RAM?
> Regards,
-
Harsha

and any attachments. Thank you