Re: [Xen-users] Xen Panic w/ dom0 2.6.30.2 (gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com patches)

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 03:34:17PM +0200, Christian Fischer wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 August 2009, Jody Belka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried upgrading my dom0 to 2.6.30.2, using the patches on
> > gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com. It built ok, but trying to boot
> > results in a "FATAL PAGE FAULT" error from xen.
> >
> > Xen specs = Xen 3.4.1-rc2, x84_64
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before, and maybe has an idea what's going wrong,
> > and what I need to do to get a working dom0? I've attached screengrabs
> > of the panic stack/call trace.
> >

> > Jody
>
> Tried 2.6.30-r2 on HP ProLiant DL380G5 with xen-3.3, panics, no output on vga
> after relinquishing VGA console, works on Dell Optiplex Core2Duo.
>
> Switched back to 2.6.29-r4, works out of the box.

Ok, built 2.6.29.6, with the v6 gentoo-xen-kernel patches, and boots fine.
So I can actually use this system again now :)

Tried upgrading in the first place because of a bug in plain 2.6.29 that
just recently started catching me out, causing endless BUGs from linux.
Since -stable on .29 fixes it as well though, this solution is workable.

I guess the .30 patches just aren't quite there yet, oh well.