AW: Re: [Xen-users] streaming server on a virtual machine.

I have a virtual server running with 8 DomUs in addition to the Dom0 of
course.
one is a mail server, one is a firewall, one in DMZ as webserver, one is
a file
Server /SAMBA, NFS), etc. I have two PVR (VDR, a video tape recoder).
One of
them, I have given a physical NIC with PCI passthrough, the other not.
In addition,
I have set up a streaming server that serves HD (1080p), also though
bridging.

There is no issue with all of them, so if there is a spare NIC
available, I think
I would use it. Otherwise, I see no real issue with network load.

You can also use cred and weight to prioritize your streaming domain,
just in case
There is heavy load. See
http://book.xen.prgmr.com/mediawiki/index.php/Scheduling

Pleas note that I also use cpufreq-mangement, so my CPU ist normaly at
2x1GHz, and
even streaming will not change a lot on that.

Best Regards,
Carsten.