[Xen-users] Re: AW: Re: PCI passthrough problem

Leo Krüger wrote:
Hi,

thanks fort the fast response. Sadly that didn't help.
pciback.permissive was already passed to dom0 kernel. I additionaly added
the device to
xend-pci-permissive.sxp.

Still the same error.

Heres a more detailed output of lspci in dom0:

debserv:~# lspci -vv -n -s 03:00.0
03:00.0 0280: 168c:0024 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 106b:0087
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit-
Queue=0/0 Enable-
                Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [60] Express (v1) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s
<512ns, L1 <64us
                        ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE- FLReset-
                DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr+ FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr-
TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1,
Latency L0 <512ns, L1 <64us
                        ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- Retrain-
CommClk+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
        Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=1
                Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00000000
                PBA: BAR=0 offset=00000000
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting <?>
        Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel <?>
        Kernel driver in use: ath9k
        Kernel modules: ath9k

I added 0280: 168c:0024 to xend-pci-permissive.sxp, is this right?
What about adding the device to xend-pci-quirks.sxp? It seems as if this
file is for devices which need access to configuration space. How do I know
which config space fields the device needs access to?

Leo

Please verify if the error message is related to loading the driver at all, i.e. watch xm dmesg before/after you try to load the ath9k driver.

Also have a look at dom0 (non-xm) dmesg, because this is usually the place where the need for permissive/quirks is logged.

Best regards,
   Christian