RE: [Xen-users] Pass through multiple USB Devices

  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:23:14 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:25:29 -0700

<james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >>  A couple of follow-up questions:
> >> 1) Does this require changes to the code in the dom0 or the Xen
code
> > (Xen
> >> itself, qemu-dm, etc.)?
> >
> > No, only the updated drivers from noboru which he hasn't yet
released.

> Sorry if I'm being dense, but are these for dom0 or for Linux-based
domUs?

There is a frontend and backend driver, just like block and network
drivers.

> >> 2) Are the drivers included in the currently available GPLPV
release?
> > Or are
> >> they just in the current code repository?
> >
> > Both are reasonably current.
>
> I might have been unclear about this - I was trying to ask if the
drivers that
> are posted right now already include the code for multiple USB device
support,
> or if that's something you're testing on your own and have not
released, yet?

The drivers in hg and binary format are the best I have right now, they
just don't work very well :)

> > I just tried plugging a keyboard in and it doesn't appear to work,
so
> > I'm doing something wrong. It enumerates 2 devices, one of which
ends up
> > in an error state. There is a huge amount of USB packets that I'm
not
> > yet supporting, I've only been testing against a USB memory stick to
get
> > it this far.
> >
> > James
>
> So, what's the domU configuration syntax for multiple USB devices
(e.g.
> usbdevice=??)?

'xm' and config file integration isn't working yet. You need to muck
around with command line scripts to make it work.

http://www.nabble.com/-RFC--PATCH-0-4--PVUSB:-add-paravirtualized-USB-su
pport-for-Xen-td22550607.html

James