Re: [Xen-users] NIC and domU - direct attach

Hi,

> you can simply not give a public IP to the Dom0.  it doesn't need IP
> to do the bridging.

Can you explain me this ?
I have two network cards in my domO and I used this command to create a new bridge for for dom1 :
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=10 netdev=eth2 bridge=eth2

But it doesn't work, if the host interface isn't configured.

Thanks.

Javier Guerra wrote:
Is it possible to attach directly one network card to DomU ?

yes, it's called PCI passthrough

I want my dom1 directly connected to Internet whereas Dom0 not because with
the bridge method, I have to use two public IP.

you can simply not give a public IP to the Dom0.  it doesn't need IP
to do the bridging.

or, you can give the public IP to Dom0, and use NAT+portforward to
DomU instead of bridging