[Xen-users] Re: NIC and domU - direct attach

William wrote:
Hi,

 > you can simply not give a public IP to the Dom0.  it doesn't need IP
 > to do the bridging.

Can you explain me this ?
I have two network cards in my domO and I used this command to create a new bridge for for dom1 :
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=10 netdev=eth2 bridge=eth2

But it doesn't work, if the host interface isn't configured.

Thanks.

You have to "up" the interface in dom0 to make it available for the bridge script, but there is no need to assign an IP to that bridge in dom0. Depending on the distribution you are using this may work out of the box or you may have to setup a manual "ifconfig eth2 up" somewhere...

Best regards,
   Christian