Re: [Xen-users] compiling xen from source in AMD

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Kuriakose Mathew <kuriakose83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to compile  xen 3.1.3 from source .

Why? It's kinda old. 3.4.1 is latest.

> ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/<uuid> does not exist dropping to a shell.

> -Or is there some compiler option with AMD.

My guess is your system is new-enough that old 2.6.18-kernel (at least
the one you use) does not have the correct driver. Try :
- cat /proc/partitions
- compile a kernel from http://www.xen.org/products/xen_source.html (I
think they have added/updated some drivers compared to the original
2.6.18)

It would also help to list what disk controller you have (something
like lspci should help)

--
Fajar