[Xen-users] XEN on Laptop, some questions

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alex Huth <a.huth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:37:14 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:47:31 -0700

Hi!

I am new to XEN, have done some readings and googled, but got not answered my
questions.
The idea is to have my productive laptop also for testing. Now i am using
Debian Lenny and the most important things are using wvdial(UMTS) and
suspend/hibernate on my way to work.

The questions:

1. Does hibernating/suspending work with XEN for Dom0 & DomU's? If yes, do i
have to suspend every instance seperat from each other or is it enough to
suspend the Dom0?
2. For using wvdial (PPP/UMTS) must i install my "default Lenny" in the Dom0 or
can i use a DomU for that?
3. Can i switch from X from one DomU to another DomU or do i have to logout to
a console?

I want be sure about those things, before i reinstall the Laptop running into
trouble.

Thx

Alex