Re: [Xen-users] issue with memory at dom0

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I always setup dom0 with 1GB ram memory.I've got two question
> regarding memory in dom0:
>
> 1. How do I know exactly the dom0 ram memory available to create  new
> guets domains? Or even better, How can you calculate the memory
> available to create new domU"s? The problem is I have to sum, at dom0,
>  the memory used by guests domain to know if a new instance can be
> installed on this dom0.:-(

"xm info"
Look for free_memory

> 2. Which is the minimun ram memory a dom0 can use to work  properly?
> We have issues with two dom0's servers running debian etch when the
> memory decrease below 1Gb. The server get a reboot.  :-(

Depends on the setup.
I usually put 768M-1GB for dom0, and it's not running any "heavy"
additional services (usually only snmp). What do you have running on
dom0? Are you using file-based or LVM based storage for domU?

--
Fajar