Re: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 05:47:53PM -0200, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro wrote:
>    I guess the Debian team will not continue to port forward the old fashion
>    Xen patches (from the 2.6.18...) but, when the mainline Linux came with
>    dom0 pv_ops included by default, the Debian team will just enable the dom0
>    option...

Oh, and one more clarification about this. Upcoming Debian stable
release ("Squeeze") will have Xen dom0 using the forward-ported patches.

See: http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/10/msg00613.html

Debian's plan is to remove the forward-ported Xen dom0 patches after
Squeeze, and then use upstream Linux pv_ops dom0 support.

-- Pasi