Re: [Xen-users] Building Vanilla source 2.6.31.4 with XEN hypervisor

  • To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Ahmad Hassan <ahmad.hassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:24:01 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:25:00 -0700

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am using Debian(Lenny) on amd64. What I want to do is, I want to take fresh vanilla source and build the kernel according to my hardware specifications with XEN Paravirtualized configurations selected. I can do this stuff pretty easily. But I need help in installing XEN hypervisor on it from source.

I do not really understand how you are patching xen installation with kernel installation in the procedure you mentioned below.

Thanks for the explication and help :)

 --
Best Regards, Hassan
http://cern.ch/ahmadh/portfolio

Erasmus Student
The University of Reading, UK
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
The University Of Carlos III, Madrid Spain