[Xen-users] Diskless Xen (PXE, NFS, ...)

Hello,

I'd like to ask if someone has experience with setting up Xen (I use 3.2 from
Lenny) in a diskless scenario - so not just the DomUs on a central storage
(therefore, I use open-iscsi), but also Xen itself and the Dom0?

I tried that because it would make adding nodes and other changings quite
easy, and save disks. I used PXE (with mboot.c32) and NFS-Root, and it worked
quite well after building a nfsroot capable initrd and considering that the
network device used for nfsroot is not usable for building a bridge (without
some initramfs customizations, I read) because the link will be lost when the
bridge comes up.

But when I tried to live migrate DomUs between the nodes, I faced severe
troubles. Migrations failed because, AFAIR, the block device frontend
couldn't be disconnected? After that, I couldn't even get block device stats
from libvirt...

Has anyone done such a setup, preferrably even with iSCSI, but without
dedicated hardware such as HBAs etc.? Or does someone know a link to a howto?
I've searched the mailing list and Google quite some time, and surprisingly,
most people care only about central storage for domUs...

tia & kr,
tom