Re: [Xen-users] Diskless Xen (PXE, NFS, ...)

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Thomas Treutner <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask if someone has experience with setting up Xen (I use 3.2 from
> Lenny) in a diskless scenario - so not just the DomUs on a central storage
> (therefore, I use open-iscsi), but also Xen itself and the Dom0?

not first-hand experience; but a couple advices:

- be sure to initiate the iSCSI devices on Dom0.  IOW, the DomU's
won't know their storage isn't local.  That means the same LUNs have
to be available on every Dom0, so they'll be ready when the DomU gets
migrated.

- you can get rid of NFS totally, either put your Dom0 in iSCSI too,
or just keep the initrd.  there's no requirement for initrd to yield
to another root.  in either case, you'll find it much easier to
manage.

--
Javier