Re: [Xen-users] How do you give USB to a Windows domU?

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 16:24 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:01 -0700, Nick Couchman wrote:
> > Can you look at the /var/log/xem/qemu-dm-<domU>.log file for this domU
> > and see if there are any messages in there relating to the USB device?
> >
> > -Nick

> Could it be one of these libraries that also need to be updated? Some are
> still 3.3.
> sles-xen_en-pdf-11.1-16.1
> xen-3.4.1_19718_04-26.2
> xen-doc-html-3.3.1_18546_12-3.1
> xen-tools-3.3.1_18546_12-3.1
> ocfs2-kmp-xen-1.4_2.6.27.19_5-4.35
> xen-doc-pdf-3.3.1_18546_12-3.1
> kernel-xen-base-2.6.27.19-5.1
> kernel-xen-2.6.27.19-5.1
> xen-libs-3.3.1_18546_12-3.1

I updated xen-tools and xen-libs to 3.4.1 and I seem to have taken a
step backward. When I try to do anything with the Vista domU from
virt-manager, virt-manager crashes. I ran virt-manager from a console
window and no messages come back.

I also tried removing and re-adding the Vista domU through virt-manager
and I can add it, but it still bombs when I do anything. I'll have to
see if there's an update to virt-manager/virt-libs.

The good news is that the domU does load. I can connect to it using xm
vncviewer domU and i can remote desktop to it.

The bad news is the USB drive still doesn't work. Nothing in the log
that I can see.

Thanks,
James