[Xen-users] Is NUMA working correctly?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:54:07 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:54:45 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to bind CPU and memory usage to particular cores using some
Quad CPU 16 Core Opterons. They have 64GB RAM, 16 GB per node. It seems
that xm info shows it is not working as expected though, below are
details for the first node:

Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  4096     2     r-----
17413.5
mg4                                         28  6144     1     -b----
27.3
mgweb                                       29  6144     1     -b----
25.4

Name                                ID  VCPU   CPU State   Time(s) CPU
Affinity
Domain-0                             0     0     0   -b-   14763.1 0
Domain-0                             0     1     1   r--    2662.1 1
mg4                                 28     0     2   -b-      32.9 2
mgweb                               29     0     3   -b-      27.6 3

total_memory           : 65535
free_memory            : 38223
node_to_cpu            : node0:0-3
                         node1:4-7
                         node2:8-11
                         node3:12-15
node_to_memory         : node0:3239
                         node1:9580
                         node2:14826
                         node3:10577

Any ideas? Is xm info wrong ( I thought it should show 0 in this
config)? Or is something wrong with the config?

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member