Re: [Xen-users] difference between Xen and Dom0 kernel

Hi,
there are 2-3 more doubts in this process
If I untar the xen-3.4.2 downloaded without the 2.6.18 kernel it was a
16 MB file only
kernel images created by the build process can be located in
dist/install directory
when I am compiling the kernel for Dom0  according to my requirement
 do I need to go in /usr/src/linux-<kernel>
where by default the vanilla kernels from www.kernel.org are kept and
experimented
or /usr/src/xen-3.4.2/dist/install/lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xen is the one
I should play with
I want to compile a kernel to be used on Dom0 which can be used with
the hypervisor
then I came to know about the parameter
make ARCH=xen oldconfig
which is supposed to load the default parameters for XEN now what is
this ARCH=xen parameter if some one can figure it out
the link given by Fazar
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/loading-xen-via-grub2-on-top-ubuntu-karmic-server-alpha-4/
is a good one

apart from that I came across the source code present here
http://lxr.xensource.com/lxr/source
On the following link
http://lxr.xensource.com/lxr/source/tools/examples/
some examples are given but the sample configuration file is not present
Is it a good idea to copy the .config file from my boot directory on
the Ubuntu machine on which I am working and then using the option
[root@linux] # cd linux-2.6.12-xen0
[root@linux] # make ARCH=xen xconfig
[root@linux] # cd ..
[root@linux] # make