Re: [Xen-users] strange i/o hangs on debian lenny guests

This is on a CentOS 5.4 hypervisor, Debian 5 domU with 1GB memory, 2
vcpu's, single LVM phy: disk.

  I think I had some similar trouble until I upgraded my DomU's kernel to
something newer
than what I had previously been using. What exact kernel is your DomU using and
where did
it come from? How about your DomU?

It's 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem from Debian's repositories, apparently the default and recommended kernel rev (if you were to install and apt-get upgrade you'd end up with this kernel).

Maybe that's significant, that it's 32-bit on a 64-bit hypervisor, although I do have a couple other lenny domU's in this state that don't exhibit the issue. I haven't been able to find any differences between them though.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer