[Xen-users] XEN on old hardware

  • From: Tiago Batista <tiagosbatista@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 16:37:39 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 08:38:22 -0800

Hello all

I was given access to an old smp server (dual pentium III coppermine),
to experiment with XEN and openNebula.

At the moment, I am using the openSUSE 11.2, the dom0 boots fine, and I
think that the xen configuration is right, but I need some help with the
dumU...

For the domU I have a debian system image as a disk image, and I have
tried some kernels, the openSUSE 2.6.31 gives out a lot of oops
complaining about dmi while booting, and I can not get to the userland.
When using a 2.6.26 (from debian I think), I get better results, but the
boot process seems to hang a while after starting the init process...

Can this be related to the fact that I am using old hardware?

Where should I look next to find out what is going wrong with the domU
booting?

Thank you all

P.S. I am posting before leaving for a few days, so if I do not answer
until friday, don't be surprised