Re: [Xen-users] RHEL VMs in HyperV to Xen

Hi,
thanks for the suggestions.
To resolve part of my problem I copy the entire vhd file from the MS HyperV to the Dom0 machine. Then I create a LV and copied the file to the LV with the dd command. I can mount this.

My problem now is boot the machine.
I changed all the entries "/dev/hdaX" to "/dev/xvdaX" on the fstab file. Also I changed the "root=XXX" entries on the grub, "menu.lst", and in the config file of the VM.

But I get always the same error message:
Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_parse_elf_kernel: ELF image has no
shstrtab\n')

I suspect this is because the kernel type.
To run RHEL guest on xen I need other kernel (a special one with xen paravirtualization)? or I can maintain the actual.

Sorry, I'm a newbie in Xen.

I already read the:
http://markmail.org/message/ocqw3r34ms7lsffi

but I need more help.

Thanks,
Edward

Miguel wrote:
You can try booting the VM from an .iso live disc and using the above
trick to copy the entire FS at the block level to a premade
partition/logical volume.

Si quieres ser más positivo, pierde un electrón
Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino