Re: [Xen-users] Xenned box becomes unresponsive

  • To: Svoop <svoop@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:41:32 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:42:14 -0800

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Svoop <svoop@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Andrew Lyon wrote:
>>
>> Once .31 is completely stable I will release a rebased set of minimal
>> dom0 openSUSE patches as I've done before and which I hope to get
>> added to the Gentoo portage tree and will maintain for as long as
>>

> I see you've just added the xen-sources-2.6.31-r9.ebuild, does it contain
> the patch you mention already?

Yes.

> Big thanks for your work, I (and many more I guess) appreciate it very much!
>
> If it doesn't find it's way into the main tree, maybe an overlay would be an
> option. The Gentoo Sunrise overlay is the most popular place, however, the
> review process usually delays ebuild updates for several days or weeks - not
> desirable for xen-sources. There's also a Xen Overlay which hasn't seen
> updates for 7 months. Shouldn't be difficult to convince the overlay owner
> to give you write privis.

I will get in touch,  .31 will be maintained for a long time as it is
the openSUSE 11.2 kernel and I will update it as necessary, but I also
plan to release ebuilds and patches for 2.6.32 and continue to track
the current stable kernel, so we should be able to have 3 new kernel
builds in portage ;).

Andy