Re: [Xen-users] DomU(s) in different subnets

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:40:23 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:41:44 -0800

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Sachin Goel <SACHIN.GOEL@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am new to the Xen Networking and how it works. I have a very basic question about it, over which I am confused since last few days :(

Is it possible to configure various virtual machines(domU(s)) running on the same xen hypervisor(dom0) such that they exist in different subnets?

Any pointers will be very helpful !!

If you want multiple physical subnets, just create multiple bridges, and connect each one to a different switch. ÂThen assign each DomU to a separate bridge.

If you want multiple logical subnets, just assign them all to the same bridge, but set the guest IPs as needed.

Bridges work at the ethernet level, below the IP, so there's nothing special needed.Â

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx