[Xen-users] RE: Xen Cloud Platform, Lost VMs

Hi Vern,

If you can discover the VDI uuids (using 'xe vdi-list' or looking at the VHD
filenames) then you can (for each VHD/VM)

* create a new blank VM

# VM=$(xe vm-install template='Other install media' new-name-label=foo)

* reattach the VDI to the VM using

# xe vbd-create vm-uuid=$VM vdi-uuid=... device=0

* restart the VM

# xe vm-start uuid=$VM

Cheers,
Dave