[Xen-users] Xen 3.4.1: pygrub Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I converted a kvm guest to a PV guest converting grub2 to grub and running update-grub in the guest but it does not want to start. I remembered to adjust the indexing from hd0,5 in grub2 to hd0,4 in grub legacy but for some reason pygrub cannot boot it. I don't even get a grub prompt. Can anyone see anything wrong with this config?

The host is running latest pv_ops dom0 kernel and so is the guest. Both are ubuntu 9.10. The original /boot was on /dev/vda5 which I changed everywhere to /dev/xvda5 before shutting down the guest. The root is on /dev/mapper/... (lvm).

name = "CLOUD-CC-1"
maxmem = 1024
memory = 1024
vcpus = 1
bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
on_poweroff = "destroy"
on_reboot = "restart"
on_crash = "restart"
disk = [ "tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/CLOUD-CC-1.img,xvda5,w" ]
vif = [ "mac=00:16:1a:2a:ef:56,bridge=virbr0" ]

# vi *.py
#
# xm create CLOUD-CC-1.py
Using config file "./CLOUD-CC-1.py".
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

-Gerry