Re: [Xen-users] virsh -c xen:/// list: = Connection refused, Set up Xen 3.4.2 & Libvirt 0.6.1 on top of Ubuntu 9.04 Server

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 04:37:03PM -0500, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> >>My para-virt guest kernels are embedded and are bzImage type and this
> >>works fine.
> >>

> >bzImage is the type, not the compression. I bet your bzImage kernels are
> >GZIP compressed.
> >
> >-- Pasi
> >

> Yes, my kernels are gzip compressed:
> CONFIG_KERNEL_GZIP=y
>
> So that's good to know about pv-grub.  Hopefully it will grow ability to
> handle bzip and lzma.

Yep. It's possible that at least the distro kernels change to using
better compression methods (bzip2/lzma) in the future, so then pv-grub
should support them aswell.

I've been working on adding bzip2/lzma support to pv-grub, but haven't
had time recently to finish the project.

If you'd like to work on it, let me know, and I can point you to the
latest (not yet working) patches.

-- Pasi