Re: [Xen-users] How to create windows xp guest on xen

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using this link to create a fully virt guest of windows in xen
> environment. Not successful yet. Please explain the highlighted parameters in
> the following step.

that would be the path to Windows ISO image.

> NB: I would like to install it from cdrom.
>
> disk = [ 'file:/home/xen/domains/win01/disk.img,ioemu:hda,w',
> 'file:/home/cc/iso-images/WindowsXP-SP2/image.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r' ]

use something like this

disk = [ 'tap:aio:/home/xen/domains/win01/disk.img,hda,w',
'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

no need for "ioemu", and tap:aio is recommended over file:/. adjust
/dev/cdrom to the path of your cdrom drive. I highly recommend you use
ISO image though.

--
Fajar