Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xenified linux kernel

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 32 bit domU also migrates successfully, I have attached the Xen and
> kernel config files for both 32 and 64 bit pv domU, and also the 64
> bit dom0 config for my Xen server.

Found the culprit :D

I'm using something like this on my domU Xen config file

#======================
vcpus=8
vcpu_avail=1
cpus="1-7"

vfb =['type=vnc,vnclisten=0.0.0.0']
#=======================

when I comment-out vfb entry, I was able to see this on the console

------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at drivers/xen/core/machine_reboot.c:196!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP

... so I change the config to simply

vcpus=1
cpus="1-7"

that works, even after I re-enable vfb entry. Same thing happens with
your .config or my original .config.
So I guess there's still some bug related to suspend/migrate and cpu hotplug.

--
Fajar