Re: [Xen-users] shutdown of pci-paththrough-domU freezes dom0

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 12:59:01PM +0100, Christian Kniep wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I faces an issue I try to solve a couple of days.
> When I start a domain without pci-passthrough I can shutdown, destroy it
> without problems.
> If I pass a pci-device through the domain (e.g. dvb-cards) it freezes the
> hole system when it shut down. On the local terminal I see a load-increase
> through the roof.
> The gnome-systemmon-tray refreshs, the rest of the system doesn?t respond.
> A htop in a local terminal freezes like the rest of the desktop, network,
> etc..
>
> I run 3.4.2 with an 2.6.31.6-kernel from jeremy:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
>
> My guess would be it depends on the pci-passthrough and IRQ-release... :)
> But I`m kind of stuck here. Maybe anyone face this issue too and could give a
> hint.
>
> Thanks and a happy new year to everyone..

Sounds like a bug.
Did you try different dom0 kernel?

Might be worth trying linux-2.6.18-xen in dom0, and see if that works
better.

That would at least tell you if the bug is in Xen or in dom0 kernel.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels

-- Pasi