Re: [Xen-users] vlan id configuration on domU

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Bhargava Ramu Kavati
<ramu.kavati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was refering to the paragraph at the end of the page
> http://www.netomata.com/blog/brent_chapman/2009/02/25/36 which says that we
> don't configure domU for vlan support.

First of all, if you're following a link from some web page and have
questions about it, you should contact the author first.

Second, like I said earlier, it depends on your design and what you
need. The author specifies ONE way to configure xen networking with
vlan and bonding. It's not the ONLY way.

If you want to do vlans on domU side, you can simply configure dom0's
eth0 (and the corresponding switch) as trunk, assign a bridge to it
(xenbr0 or whatever), and assign domU to that bridge. In this setup,
you do not (and infact, MUST NOT) create vlans on dom0. Instead, you
create vlans on domU.

--
Fajar