Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI Volumes and Xen

Reading this thread suggests that exporting each volume as a block device
results in poor performance, correct?  I had wanted to use zvols for the
nice snapshot features of ZFS (it is useful to take snapshots of a running
zvol) but not at the cost of a serious performance hit.  I need to use
pvgrub in my domUs, too.

Keep in mind that snapshots are not backups. There's no way that snapshot would be consistent unless you were also doing something on the domU to stop and flush all i/o and clear the scsi caches.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer