Re: [Xen-users] domU lose network after reboot

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:02:50 +0700
"Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Sometimes after rebooting the domU, the domU completely will lose the
> > network, we have to destroy the domU, and re-create it, then
> > everything will be OK.
> > Any one can help me?

I have observed the same with xen 3.3.1, xenified dom0 and pvops domU's. It
possibly happens to a xenified domU too, but I don't know. I don't have to
destroy the domU, I just reboot it again and often the interface then works.
All my domU's have 2 network interfaces and I've only ever seen it affect one
at a time.

> That should not happen. My guess is it's one of:
> - you don't specify static MAC address on domU config file, and your
> switch/router doesn't like that

I have static MAC's for my domU's.

> - you're using a buggy version of Xen/kernel/distro combination. In
> this case updating to latest available version might help. FWIW,
> RHEL/Centos 5 works great on my setup.

No denying it's a bug. I cannot upgrade. It doesn't bother me much.

> - you hit iptables connection tracking limit on dom0. In this case,
> it's not actually destroy-and-recreate that fixed the issue. check out
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max and
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_count

Not even close.

Cheers,

Brad