RE: [Xen-users] [XCP] new version available

Hi,

> This sounds like an interesting project but I'm not sure how it fits in the
> overall picture. Would you say it's basically Xen 3.4.2 with a bunch of
> included software or more than that? I guess what I'm wondering is why I'd
> move
> over from running a stock Xen 3.4.2 system
> to XCP. What advantages will I have?

XCP is really a complete system for running and managing virtual
infrastructure, rather than a hypervisor and a bunch of tools. As well as xen +
linux 2.6.27 it includes
* windows PV drivers
* multi-host resource pools
* pluggable storage modules (iSCSI, FC, NFS)
* live snapshot, checkpoint, migration
* DR
* XMLRPC API + CLI for configuration
* RRD-based performance monitoring
* event system and task progress tracking
* simple host-installer

However, IMHO, the most important thing is that these are all integrated and
tested together, as a single coherent whole.

Cheers,
Dave