Re: [Xen-users] winxp and 2 cpu

2010/1/29 Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>

> I still have no luck after acpi=1 and apic=1.

Actually only setting "acpi=1" is enough.
Virtualbox says virtualizing apic is "expensive", and I assume it's
the same thing on Xen, so I usually set it off whenever possible.

> --- 2010年1月27日 星期三,James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 寫道﹕
> You may need a bit of trickery to get Windows to update the HAL but there are
> ways to do it.

Looks like you haven't done that part yet :P See:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309283 (short story: you need halacpi)
http://www.vernalex.com/guides/sysprep/hal.shtml (look for boot.ini.
You only need the /HAL option, not /KERNEL. The necessary hal*.dll is
available on Windows install CD).

Note that choosing the wrong HAL might make your system unbootable, so
it's best to have BACKUP of domU's disk image (even if it's just LVM
snapshot) and lots of test. It's also handy to have kpartx and
ntfs-3g, in case domU fails to boot and you need to access it's
filesystem from dom0.

--
Fajar