Re: [Xen-users] Re: the bridge send all traffic to every vps when one vps starts

Hehe,

do as Nathan says, I've just heard that the bridge works as a hub, that's all ;)

Greetings,
Simon

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I'm no expert, but I belive the bridge works as a hub.
>Maybe you should try Open vSwitch?
>http://openvswitch.org/

That would be counter to what a bridge is - which is to say, a switch (which floods on ARP-fail).

Every time you start a VPS, the bridge's MAC address table is probably getting flushed.  It doesn't 'converge' for a period of time (once it's learned where MAC addresses 'are') - which is probably significant at 32 VPS's.

That said, openvswitch is a cool project.  Just wanted to be clear - the bridge isn't a hub, it's just a switch that falls back to flooding traffic out all interfaces when its mac-address-table is empty.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg