Re: [Xen-users] Citrix Xen Server

  • To: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:14:10 -0200
  • Cc: Fernando Berretta <fernando.berretta@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:15:42 -0800

Stephen,

 The XenServer will have new versions? I mean, the Citrix company will release a XenServer 6, for example? Or the XenServer 5.5 will be the last one and the XCP is the future?!

Thanks!
Thiago

On 9 February 2010 16:08, Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm new in virtualization technologies and have found Citrix Xen Server
> seems to provide a free GUI tool for administration of Virtual Machines,
> etc. based on Xen. Is Citrix Xen Server the best way to start trying xen
>? what limitations has the "Free" licence ?

> Regards,
> Fernando

Fernando,
Citrix XenServer is a product built upon the open source Xen platform. The Open Source community now supports a complete build image downloadable in iso format to try called Xen Cloud Platform. It does not have the free GUI tool built-in but there are several options already available to manage XCP - see http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_projects.html.

Thanks.

Stephen Spector