Re: [Xen-users] icmp problem on

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Oliver Rojo <orojo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can ping remote IP addresses but I couldn't ping domains such as google.com
> unless I do clear my shorewall rules on dom0. I'm using bridging by the way.

So you're able to ping google's IP address directly?
If yes, sounds like shorewall is blocking DNS queries from domUs. You
need to allow that, as by default iptables will not only filter dom0's
traffic, but also bridged traffic from domUs.

An alternative would be to set
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables to 0, which should make
iptables ignore bridged traffic.

--
Fajar