Re: [Xen-users] Domu skips CD on boot

Oh jeez... nevermind...

I got it. It had been so long I was reversing the codes... not very intuitive, I'd say, but clearly my fault.

d = cd
c = hard drive

duh.

Quoting Chris <cjdl01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I've been working on this for hours now.  For some reason, my domu
(windows xp) will not boot to a windows CD.

I have had windows running as a domu for like a year.  Now I have
gotten a virus, and I have to boot to a windows rescue disk to fix it,
but every time I do it, it always boots to the hard drive -- no matter
what I put in my boot= or the disk= option.

I have tried boot="cd" and even tried boot="c" -- nothing works. I
have changed my disk= declarations a million times to use iso images
and phsycial devices, and to use xvdc, sdc and hdc -- nothing works.
I even changed the hard drive to hde, xvde and sde to try to get it to
boot after the cd.

The only way I can get it to boot to CD is to remove the hard drive
declaration all together -- but of course, then have I cannot access
my C:\ drive to fix it.

Can someone please tell me how I can do this?

Thank you.

my configuration file (one iteration of it, anyway...):
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
        arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
        arch_libdir = 'lib'
kernel='/usr/lib/xen-default/boot/hvmloader'
builder='hvm'
memory=512
shadow_memory=8
pae=0
name="scioxp1"
vcpus=1
cpus = "0"
device_model='/usr/lib/xen-default/bin/qemu-dm'
vif=['type=ioemu,bridge=eth0,mac=00:16:3E:36:6F:38']
#vif=['type=ioemu,bridge=eth0,mac=00:16:3E:36:6F:38,model=ne2k_pci']
#disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg/vmscioxp1,ioemu:xvda,w' ]
#disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg/vmscioxp1,ioemu:hdd,w','phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
disk = [
'phy:/dev/vg/vmscioxp1,ioemu:xvda,w','file:/mnt/work/ubcd.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r'
]
#disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cdrom,xvdc:cdrom,r' ]

sdl=0
vnc=1
vnclisten='0.0.0.0'
vncconsole=1