[Xen-users] Free Xen Server 5.5 - Any thoughts? Migration?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:39:09 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:47:56 -0800

Hi everyone,

We currently run Xen 3.30 on Centos 5.2. We have a mix of Windows VMs
with the GPLPV drivers, Centos HVMs and Centos paravirt VMs. Using
Infiniband/OFED and DRBD too (These both seem to be possible to compile
and use on Xen Server 5.5).

Sorry for so many questions:
Is it likely I can use the existing VMs under Xen Server?
I noticed the "Free" license has a 1 year expiry, is it likely to change
to being non-free?
Does Xen Center offer live migration?
Can I still use the xm live migration command?
If I upgrade Xenserver later on do I need to recompile DRBD and OFED (Do
upgrades always involve a kernel change?)

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member