Re: [Xen-users] [SOLVED] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

On 24/02/2010 19:07, Olivier B. wrote:
So, the winner is "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_PHYSDEV=m".
If I don't compile at all this module, all works fine.

Any idea why this module seem to be incompatible with my setup ?

If I put "xt_physdev" in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it also works.
So I suppose it's a bug in the debian bridge script.

If I don't blacklist the module, I only see this rule in FORWARD :

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 202 packets, 32632 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination 0 0 ACCEPT all -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 PHYSDEV match --physdev-in vif5.0

And it doesn't start. I obtain "Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working." after 100 seconds.

But if I comment this four lines in /etc/xen/scripts/vif-common.sh, FORWARD stay empty, and DomU starts.
>  iptables "$c" FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in "$vif" "$@" -j ACCEPT \
>    2>/dev/null &&
>  iptables "$c" FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -m physdev \
>    --physdev-out "$vif" -j ACCEPT 2>/dev/null

Also, if I let the FORWARD rule and start the DomU, it wait until the 100 seconds timeout _OR_ I flush the FORWARD rules.

What is the role of this netfilter rule ? Without that it seems to work well...

Olivier