RE: [Xen-users] How to xfs_repair a domU image

kpartx

----- Mensaje original -----
De: peter.chiu@xxxxxxxxxx
Enviado: Sábado, 27 de Febrero de 2010 05:40 p.m.
Para: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: peter.chiu@xxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [Xen-users] How to xfs_repair a domU image

I would appreciate for some advice on how to recover a broken DomU image.

On an OpenSuse 10.3 (x86-64) server, I am hosting a OpenSuse 10.3 (x86-64)
guest, using an image file.

The guest os has been running fine for sometime, until recently it suddenly
reported IO errors to whatever commands one entered.  At that point,  the Guest
OS would not allow any ssh log in attempts.

I stopped the domU by issuing "xm shutdown guest", and restart it with "xm
create -c guest".

However it fails to start up with an error:

    Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I did try to use lomount:

   lomount -diskimage image-file -partition 1 mnt-pt

but it fails with

  mount: Structure needs cleaning

Google search on the above error suggests it is an xfs file system error and it
needs xfs_repair on a usual system with a native disk.

However, xfs_repair does not provide an option to select offset for partition 1.

Any idea how to recover from this situation?

Many thanks.

Peter

--
Scanned by iCritical.