From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Klaus
Steinberger
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 01:51
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Windows 2003 domU can not use 7G RAM ?

> I installed a 32 bit Windows 2003 enterprise edtion domU. xm list
> shows the domU has 7G RAM. But Windows 2003 shows only 3.75G RAM. I do
> not know what's wrong. Anyone knows?

That is wrong:  32 bit Windows 2003

A 32bit Windows only can use up to 4 GByte without PAE, and even with PAE
processes are restricted to 2 GByte (or 3 Gbyte in some cases).

If you really want to give a Windows Installation more than 4 G, use a 64bit
version.

Sincerly,
Klaus

> I installed a 32 bit Windows 2003 enterprise edtion domU. xm list
> shows the domU has 7G RAM. But Windows 2003 shows only 3.75G RAM. I do
> not know what's wrong. Anyone knows?

Have you ever used Windows 2003 32bit (physical or virtual) with 7G
RAM? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037

--
Fajar