Re: [Xen-users] Advice for moving from single to bonded interface?

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Matthew Law <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have some existing CentOS 5.4 / gitco Xen 3.4.1 dom0s and I want to
> install some Intel 82576-based dual port gigabit NICs into them.  I want
> to swap the existing single interface peth0/br0 config to use a bond
> comprising of the two interfaces provided by this card.
>
> I seem to remember some people here (Fajar?) prefer to disable Xen's
> network config scripts and use the native OS scripts instead.  Why you do
> that and is it just a case of creating bond0 and assigning that to br0?

It's mostly a matter of what you're most comfortable with.

There were some problems with the interaction of Xen's network-bridge
script with various other components on RHEL (and I assume it also
happens on other distros), especially in complex setup (like vlan and
bonding). See
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=xen+bridge+bond

While they'll be fixed (eventually), using default OS config files
instead of xen's network script results in working configuration. So I
simply stopped using xen's default network-bridge script for anything
but the simplest setup.

--
Fajar