Re: [Xen-users] Hot resizing xfs domU.

Thank you Pasi,

Nice to see you are working on adding this support.

PS: Sorry if i use "hot" instead of "online" (i need to improve my english)

Guy

With xen (lenny), I created my domU on LV. I create
domU in xfs (/).
And i can hot resize domU :
On dom0, the 'lvresize-L +1 G mylv' goes well (clvm)
But in the domU (mylv) 'xfs_growfs /dev/xvda2'
has no effect: the domU has not yet taken
aware of the expansion of its disk. I need to reboot
the domU ...

Is there a chance to make hot resizing the domU?

Xen currently doesn't have support for online resizing domU disks [1].

You could add another new disk to the domU though, on the fly, and then
if you use LVM also in the domU, you could pvcreate+vgextend there online..

-- Pasi

[1] I've been working on adding support for it, but it's not ready yet,
and I don't currently have much time for it.