Re: [Xen-users] SetMaxMemory on Windows VMs

Boris Quiroz wrote:
2010/3/15 Diego Silva Dias <diego.dias@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I am trying to instantiate VMs with the maxmem parameter higher than the memory one.
On the linux VMs it works fine, but on the windows VMs (windows server 2003 and 2008) the domU dont boot, they crash! And sometimes even the dom0 crashes.

Can I set the maxmem on windows VMs?

Best Regards,
 Diego Dias

AFAIK, you can do it. And your issue looks pretty weird to me. Try
checking the amount of memory available at the time you turn on you VM

Thx for the quick reply.
I have over 20GB free of memory. So that doesn't seem to be my problem.