Re: [Xen-users] Xen storage

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Leena M. <kernmonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there anything interesting going on on storage side in Xen VMM ?
> I am interested in contributing to it so please give me some links to it.

There's XenFS, whose idea is good but never really got to a usable
state: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFS

There's tap:qcow support, which never seem to work correctly for all
domU types (PV/HVM):
http://www.google.co.id/search?q=qcow+site:bugzilla.xensource.com

There are also some things not directly related to Xen, but rather
storage technology in the OS itself which can greatly simplify storage
management for Xen domUs due to its snapshot/clone feature. Some of
them are:
- zfs (on solaris) and zfs-fuse
- snapshot merge for LVM : http://lwn.net/Articles/363575/
- btrfs