[Xen-users] Installing OpenSolaris on XCP

  • To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:02:54 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:05:18 -0700

Folks,

I have tried to install OpenSolaris on my XCP 0.11 machine using the following two versions of OpenSolaris:

1)      Standard download of LiveCD from OpenSolaris website

2)      Genunix.org download of the Caiman Text Installer for OpenSolaris

In the first version, I am able to bring up the Open Solaris desktop and double click on Install OpenSolaris. At that point I start the install process but the Disks screen is blank, I cannot choose a disk to install Open Solaris on. In the 2nd version, I select the install option and also get a problem with the Disks selection, see image attached.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why I can’t see a local hard drive to install OpenSolaris on?

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | M: (954) 854-4257